Location: NC State University, Raleigh, NC
Architect: Roughton, Nickelson & DeLuca Architects
Contract Amount: $749,222
Standing nine floors high with 104 residential suites, Lee Hall is home to the Women in Science and Engineering Village. It includes a newly renovated Long Walk Café, community kitchens and lounges and a large exterior patio deck. The second through ninth floors each have 12 suites, each with their own private bathroom.
Holt Brothers Construction completed work on Lee Hall’s most recent renovation, which was completed on an extremely tight time frame for the 2015-2016 school year—May 1 to July 31. To address challenges with the original collective exhaust system, Holt Brothers demolished the existing vertical exhaust ductwork and installed fire stopping in plumbing chases in all 101 bathrooms. We then reworked the existing double hung windows on nine floors to accommodate their own shutter mounted exhaust fan. The project also included the installation of fire rated construction at two stair towers, including walls, doors and frames, painting, fire stopping and electrical.
- School of Dental Medicine Fourth Floor Renovation
- Wake Tech RTP Campus – Innovation Center + Parking Lot
- Lee Residence Hall Renovation, NC State University
- Sullivan Hall, NC State University
- Varsity Research Building Upfit
- Reynolds Coliseum + Walk of Fame
- Thomas Hall Renovations
- Public Safety Renovation, Phase III
- College of Veterinary Medicine Anatomy Lab C121 Renovation
- Bragaw Hall Renovations