Location: 4800, 4900 & 5000 Falls of Neuse Road, Raleigh NC
Architect: Little & Associates, HagerSmith Design, Whittington & Associates, respectively
Contract Amount: $9.2, $1.3 and $4.5 million, respectively
During its years as A&M Construction, the firm developed a sweet spot for office building projects in the $1 to $10 million range. These three projects represent the types of office buildings constructed by the team, now part of Holt Brothers Construction.
The largest with 180,000 square feet of space, 4800 Falls of Neuse is a six-story building made of granite, glass curtain wall and ribbon windows. IBM was the primary tenant. The smallest at 32,527 square feet, 4900 Falls of Neuse is a brick, multi-story structure that now houses Region’s Bank. The building at 5000 Falls of Neuse is made of precast concrete panels, glass curtain wall and ribbon windows. The four-story, 80,000-square-foot structure is home to the Coastal Federal Credit Union and Coldwell Banker.
As with most commercial office buildings, the major challenges were cost and schedule. A&M exceeded expectations on both counts.
- Special Olympics Phase I + II
- NorthPark / Ground Up
- Stewart Engineering Headquarters / Upfit
- Six Forks Center I, II and III, Raleigh NC / Ground Up
- Evaluserve Knowledge Center / Upfit
- NC Electric Membership, Raleigh NC
- Ravenscroft Professional Center, Raleigh NC
- ADP, Raleigh NC / Upfit
- Dr. Riccobene Corporation Offices, Cary NC / Upfit
- USDA, Raleigh NC / Upfit