Location: Wake Tech, Western Wake Campus, Raleigh NC
Architect: Moseley Architects
Contract Amount: $5.8 million
Wake Technical Community College’s Public Safety Education Campus is one of the most advanced facilities in the country. In fact, it is the only community college in North Carolina certified with the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc. (CALEA®), which sets the standard for public safety operations and compliance. Their cutting-edge training features include a high-tech forensics lab, an incident command center, a simunition room, and a mock courtroom and jail. The campus trains law enforcement and corrections officers, fire and rescue personnel, EMS technicians, and SBI and Homeland Security personnel. It also offers applied science programs in criminal justice and fire protection technology.
Holt Brothers Construction is the single prime contractor for the exterior and interior renovations to the facility. The project includes repurposing and renovating the existing 35,000-ground-square-foot, three-story building as well as the addition of a mechanical room, two new stair towers and an elevator tower. The basement of the facility will be converted into a 12-lane firing range with associated mechanical equipment while the main level will include a fully equipped tactical training facility. The second floor will include offices and programming space for the barbering and cosmetology programs.
- Lee Residence Hall Renovation, NC State University
- Sullivan Hall, NC State University
- Varsity Research Building Upfit
- Reynolds Coliseum + Walk of Fame
- School of Dental Medicine Fourth Floor Renovation
- Wake Tech RTP Campus Phase One – General Classroom Building & Parking Lots
- Thomas Hall Renovations
- Public Safety Renovation, Phase III
- College of Veterinary Medicine Anatomy Lab C121 Renovation
- Bragaw Hall Renovations