Location: Atlantic Avenue, Raleigh, NC
Architect: RATIO Architects
Contract Amount: $514,098
The WakeMed Operations Center houses the Regional Call Center. This facility brings together staff from throughout the WakeMed system into a central location and centralizes numerous functions to enhance customer service for patients, physicians and the community. The facility also includes training suites for WakeMed’s implementation of EPIC, a fully-integrated electronic health record system.
Holt Brothers Construction completed the interior renovation of 9,000 square feet to serve as six EPIC training suites. Electrical, mechanical and plumbing upgrades were made, as well as improvements to the walls, carpet and ceiling. Holt Brothers Construction completed this portion of the project ahead of schedule, allowing WakeMed to begin EPIC end-user training as scheduled. Additionally, to ease parking with the growing number of employees at this facility, the project involved the phased demolition and installation of new asphalt paving, sidewalks, site lighting and curb and gutter. It also included the installation of a new detention pond, retention wall and storm drainage. Maintaining parking spaces for current staff was paramount so the project was split into four phases.
- WakeMed Operations Center EPIC Training Suites Renovation + Parking Lot
- Offices of Dr. Constance Battle, Raleigh NC
- WakeMed General, Pediatric, Bariatric Surgery Clinic + Timeshare Renovation
- Foot & Ankle Associates of North Carolina
- Raleigh Foot Center, Raleigh NC
- Lowery Ophthalmology, Raleigh NC
- Raleigh Radiology Addition, Raleigh NC
- Mid-Carolina Gastroenterology, Sanford NC