Location: North Carolina Central University, Durham NC
Contract Amount: $473,000
The Miller-Morgan Building, originally constructed in 1982, represents Holt Brothers’ first project at North Carolina Central University.
Approximately 12,000 square feet of space was renovated on the second floor. It houses the NC Department of Social Work, as well as the new Veterans Center, which opened – appropriately enough – on Veteran’s Day 2012. The center’s location gives veterans access to the social work program and provides them with a place to interact.
Project challenges include a tight floor plan and an aggressive schedule. Since completion, Holt Brothers has been awarded several additional projects at NC Central, signifying satisfaction with the work originally completed.
- School of Dental Medicine Fourth Floor Renovation
- Wake Tech RTP Campus – Innovation Center + Parking Lot
- Lee Residence Hall Renovation, NC State University
- Sullivan Hall, NC State University
- Varsity Research Building Upfit
- Reynolds Coliseum + Walk of Fame
- Thomas Hall Renovations
- Public Safety Renovation, Phase III
- College of Veterinary Medicine Anatomy Lab C121 Renovation
- Bragaw Hall Renovations